With millions of happy users, a growing product line, and a new state-of-the-art office, Lightspeed Systems is quickly evolving — and there has never been a more exciting time to work here. Do you want your hard work to be rewarded with excellent benefits, fun perks, a collaborative office environment and a meaningful career? Do you want to sharpen and expand your skills within an innovative, fast-growing company? Then work — and grow — with us.
We are looking for Front-End Developers who have a broad set of skills and are not afraid to try new things. Lightspeed’s products span appliances, mobile apps, and networking, all the way up to cloud-based SaaS/web applications. You will translate business requirements and UI/UX wireframes into high quality software that will produce visual elements of the application.
The Minimum You’ll Do:
- Write test-driven, clean, readable, and efficient code to deliver new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Clearly document any programming-related information
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
You are/You have:
- Experience working on commercial software products
- Experience working with REST Web services
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS
- Avid follower of the technology industry and current technology/web-related trends
- Great product sense and design sense
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Experience working with code versioning tools such as Github
- Knowledge of Redis, AWS services, Ruby, Postgres a plus.
Your Experience & Education:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years’ work experience with commercial software development projects
What’s in it for you:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance along with numerous other benefits
- Room for growth and career advancement
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Excellent 401(k) plan with 6% company match
- Paid holidays
- Employer paid life insurance
- A fun, dynamic company culture
What to expect: Expect to join a passionate team and to be a true contributor. (There’s no hiding behind bureaucracy.) Expect to love coming to work, but to work with people who understand the importance of play, family, and community too. Expect to think outside boxes, solve real problems, and change how technology is used in schools around the world.
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org