Your mobile learning program needs the safety and security of an anytime, anywhere filter.
Mobile filtering is a feature of our Collaborative Filter that allows you to extend your existing filtering policies to your off-network devices, including iOS devices, netbooks, MacBooks, laptops, and Android devices to ensure safe, secure 24/7 learning opportunities.
The Mobile Filter transparently communicates Internet-browser requests from a mobile device to the Lightspeed Systems server back at your school location. In turn, the Lightspeed Systems server references the URL requests with its content database and policy settings, and either allows or blocks the request.
(Looking for a filtering solution in the cloud? Check out our Cloud Filter.)
Product Features and Benefits
- From-anywhere filtering, without the need for a VPN
- Comprehensive and accurate URL database with more than 1 billion entries grouped into education-specific categories
- Time-based policies (to allow different access before and after school, for example)
- Password-protected uninstall
- Reporting of off-network activity, including Blocked URLs, Blocked URLs by Category, Unknown URLs, URLs Visited
- Ability to block all forms of proxy servers (anonymous and secure)
- Forced SafeSearch for Google and Yahoo search engines
- Local policy control (Active Directory and LDAP)
- Cross-platform support for Windows, Macintosh, Android, and iOS devices