Why Schools Choose Relay Over GoGuardian, Securly and iBoss
It’s time to think about your filter for next year. How are you going to keep your students safe and your devices protected?
Relay is our hardware-free cloud platform that offers filtering, monitoring, management, and more for all your devices. It’s the result of 20 years of experience in the market and offers groundbreaking innovations. We know it’s the best solution for most schools. Instead of offering feature checklists, we like to focus on what we do best — based on what our thousands of school customers have told us.
If you’re comparing Lightspeed Systems Relay to GoGuardian, Securly, iBoss, or any other filter, read on to see what sets Relay apart from the pack.
1. Relay covers every device, everywhere.
Some filters can filter any device OS but only when they’re on your school network. Other products can filter devices anywhere students take them but are only compatible with one or two OSes. Relay Smart Agents for Chrome, Windows, Mac and iOS mean all your school-owned devices are filtered, everywhere they go. And our included BYOD Filter ensures student-owned, guest, and other devices remain CIPA compliant when they’re on your network.
2. Relay is better at filtering.
It’s that simple. No other solution has advanced artificial intelligence like ours. Other solutions allow inappropriate content, block good content, and force you to make manual adjustments. One of the benefits of our 20 years of experience is that we’ve built and honed our education-specific database of the web so it’s comprehensive and accurate. Other filters categorize a couple thousand websites each day; we categorize 2 million websites each day. Relay also accurately handles images, videos, and foreign languages.
3. We care about the classroom.
That’s why our classroom management solution, Classroom, easily integrates with Relay. (It’s available today for Chrome, in early access for Mac, and beta for Windows.) We use groundbreaking AI technology to make classroom management smarter than ever, saving time for instructors and IT. Classroom is cross-platform, too, covering Chrome, Mac, and Windows devices.
4. Relay solves the toughest problems on the web.
Social media, YouTube, Psiphon — all those things that make filtering difficult can now be solved with a few clicks of a button.
5. Relay goes way beyond CIPA compliance to ensure safety.
CIPA requires schools to use a filter to block obscene content, but there’s a lot more to keeping students safe at school. Relay protects against cyberbullying, self-harm, violence, extremism, hate, and more using advanced flagging and Threat Check. Relay is the only solution that analyzes online activity and offline behavior to help schools stop threats proactively.
6. Relay has the best reports.
Reports are where you go to make sure everything works as expected, investigate issues, and gather data for administration and board members. Relay’s dynamic reports give you everything you need, from high-level overviews down to individual user reports and everything in between. You can see detailed student behavior; understand how your online resources are being used; compare classes and schools; automatically share information with parents or other stakeholders; and a lot more.
7. You can count on our company.
We’ve been helping schools keep students safe online with our content filtering and other solutions for 20 years, and our products and services reflect that. But we don’t rest on our history: We’re always listening and innovating to solve the newest challenges for schools.
With Relay, you can combine all your on-network and off-network filtering into a single solution with no hardware. You save money by cutting line items such as classroom management, device geolocation, and hardware. And you get the best filtering from a trusted company that’s been helping schools keep students safe for 20 years.
Don’t take our word for it. We asked some customers why they chose Relay over GoGuardian and other solutions. Here are a few of their answers.
- “I trust Lightspeed. Relay had features included that others did not. Relay had the classroom management added in. Relay was unbelievably easy to set up and get going. The support is amazing.” —Brian Wamsley, Leadership of Texas
- “Better reporting. K-12 educational focus.” —Matt Maine of Wilmington Area School District
- “Other solutions didn’t seem to work as well, had limitations that weren’t acceptable to us, or didn’t have an easy-to-understand interface.” —Tim McCleary of Cheltenham School District
- “I chose Relay over all the others because of the reporting abilities and the agentless [BYOD Filter] solution.” —Jimmy Schaefer of Lake Dallas ISD
- “[We chose it because of] cost and stability. It is very hands-off. It gets set and we have no issues. Reporting features are great. It has wonderful support, which is always important to me with any product.” —Johnny Vicars of Burleson ISD
- “Extensive filter database, hosted, no hardware to maintain.” —Phil Feichko, Carbon School District
- “We were using GoGuardian but found that Relay gave us similar features at a better price.” —Jason Horsman, Central Unified School District