Lightspeed Systems Relay Classroom — now available for Chrome OS, Mac OS and Windows — surpasses modern classroom management technologies by providing insights into student productivity via machine learning.
AUSTIN, TX. — Ed-tech solution provider Lightspeed Systems, the leader in school device filtering for almost 20 years, has released an update of its classroom management solution for the Windows operating system. Lightspeed Systems Relay Classroom is now available in general release for Windows, Chrome OS, and Mac OS.
The cloud-based Relay Classroom is a disruption to classroom device monitoring technology. Competing solutions rely on teachers to continuously monitor classroom device activity as it happens. In theory, live monitoring solutions help educators pinpoint students who are off-task or falling behind; in practice, teachers struggle to track the activity of 30 students at a time and monitoring all those screens keeps teachers tied to their devices.
Relay Classroom — which easily integrates with the Lightspeed Systems Relay 1:1 platform — leverages machine-learning AI to provide insights into student browsing behavior. Rather than depend on teachers to identify unusual browsing on sight, Relay Classroom alerts teachers when it happens, zeroing in on students who may be distracted or struggling. Although teachers have the capability to live-monitor student device screens with Relay Classroom, the solution’s alerts free them from that responsibility.
Relay Classroom gives teachers the power to:
• Receive status updates from students (“need help,” “working,” or “done”)
• See aggregate views of student browsing activity and status
• Broadcast teacher or student screens to the rest of the class
• View student screens in real time, pull browsing histories, and record device activity
• Send quick messages (e.g., “Are you done?” and “Need help?”) and receive replies from students
• Lock device screens and send content links
• Limit student web access to a website or group of websites for the class period, and release students when they change their status to “done.”
Lightspeed Systems Relay offers complete filtering, management, monitoring and protection from a single, unified platform. With Relay, school IT departments can perform all necessary functions of 1:1 management with one, scalable, cloud-based solution — with optional hardware for larger networks and BYOD.
About Lightspeed Systems
Lightspeed Systems partners with schools to make learning safe, mobile and easily managed. Partnered with 6,500 districts in the United States and 28,000 schools around the world, Lightspeed Systems offers integrated filtering, management, monitoring, and protection for schools through its groundbreaking platform, Relay. To learn more, visit https://www.lightspeedsystems.com.