Education technology company Lightspeed Systems announces the availability of its patent-pending Smart Agents for all operating systems, including Chrome OS.
AUSTIN, TX. — Today, Lightspeed Systems announced the general release of its Smart Agents for Mac OS, iOS and Windows, bringing multi-OS support to its school filtering/monitoring solution, Relay. These revolutionary, patent-pending agents — which provide seamless SSL decryption and mobile filtering to student devices, and have previously supported just Chrome OS — are available to Relay customers now.
Schools are implementing one-to-one programmes in record numbers, and school IT departments are responsible for the daunting tasks of filtering students’ internet access on these devices as well as identifying suspicious online activity, locating lost devices and more. Complicating matters is the wide array of devices in individual schools: tablets, laptops, desktops and smartphones, often on a variety of operating systems.
The cloud-based Relay eliminates the need for multiple systems to filter, monitor and manage all those devices with features for granular user activity reporting; content filtering, including social media and SSL sites, with flexible policies; real-time suspicious activity alerts; and geolocation for lost and stolen devices. And all these tools are available in a single, streamlined UI.
Relay’s innovative design gives the ability to filter and monitor any device OS by deploying Lightspeed Systems Smart Agents. Relay also includes such features as:
• Classroom — Relay’s AI-powered classroom management solution, Classroom, is included free when customers license Relay.
• Built-in SSL decryption — filter SSL sites like Google and YouTube without having to use proxies, PAC files or trust certificates
• Parent Report Generator — upload a simple CSV file of parent email addresses to automate the delivery of student device activity reports to their parents’ inboxes
• Lockouts — lock students out of internet access if they attempt to access too many blocked sites in succession
• Smart Play — the game-changing YouTube management feature that allows students to access nearly 100 million educational videos (and none of the bad stuff)
“Relay has been a game-changer for schools with Chromebooks, giving IT maximum visibility into those devices and making the Web safer for students,” says Lightspeed Systems President and CEO Brian Thomas. “We’re excited that schools can now enjoy these benefits on every operating system.”
To learn more about Lightspeed Systems Relay, visit www.lightspeedsystems.com/relay.